Giving @ CPC
AS A CHURCH WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT OUR MONEY
As a church we need to talk about our money -
We believe giving is at the heart of the message of the Gospel.
John 3:16 says, "God loved the world so much that He gave..." money can be a sensitive issue in the context of church, but it is also one of the best determining factors on the disposition of our hearts, according to Jesus (Matthew 6:19) because Jesus talks about our money.
In fact, the Bible has a lot to say about money and possessions:
- “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21 “You cannot serve both God and money.” Matthew 6:24b
- “Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow. ” Proverbs 13:11
- "The silver is mine and the gold is mine," declares the LORD Almighty.” Haggai 2:8
- “No one claimed that any of their possessions were their own, but they shared everything they had.” Acts 4:32b
- “Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’” Hebrews 13:5
- We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.